Course Link: The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course
Learn to make innovative web apps with Ruby on Rails 4 & 5 and unleash your creativity
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to rapidly prototype ideas and turn them into presentable apps
- Become a professional web application developer
- Become a professional Ruby on Rails developer
- Design and build virtually any web app you can imagine
- Apply for jobs at software companies as Ruby on Rails developer
- Modern browser and internet connection
- No prior programming or web app development experience of any kind necessary
Ruby on Rails Developer average salaries by the city (according to Glassdoor):
New York – $111,972/yr, Boston – $90,091/yr, San Francisco – $133,954/yr, Chicago – $93,167/yr.
Need more reasons on why Ruby on Rails? Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most powerful and popular tools for building web applications for both startups and existing software houses. Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and many more! Ruby on Rails developers routinely command the highest salaries in the tech industry!
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer is:
#1 Web development course with Ruby on Rails on Udemy. 50,000 students, 6600+ ratings, 58% of them are 5-star!
#1 Best-seller in Ruby on Rails since it’s launch
This is the only course you’ll need where you learn how to build everything from simple to complex, deployable, production-ready web applications
— Latest upgrade was done in November 2018 —
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course provides a thorough introduction to Web Applications Development using the wildly popular Ruby on Rails framework. With 30 hours of engaging video lectures and text follow-up lectures with directions, references and all the code used in the videos, this course is designed to:
– Take students with no prior programming or web application development experience to accomplished web application developers specializing in Ruby on Rails.
– Give students with prior experience in Ruby on Rails or web app development a leg up in the industry by helping them learn the ins and outs of back-end development with Rails and building complex apps at will.
– Give professionals and students alike the avenue by which they can switch to Ruby on Rails as the back-end development framework of choice so they can build robust web apps in very quick time and bring their ideas to life.
Why Ruby on Rails? Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most powerful and popular tools for building web applications for both startups and existing software houses. Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and much more. Ruby on Rails developers command some of the highest salaries in the developing world and are in high demand. Rails – introduced 13 years ago – continues to be the cool but stable framework of choice for startups since it allows for rapid development – while maintaining structure and security – as complex and disruptive business ideas are brought to life in record time.
This course takes a very structured approach to teach Rails starting with Ruby – the programming language behind Rails. Everything from “Hello World” to Object Oriented Programming is covered. Students acquire skills rapidly; utilizing homework assignments, quizzes, coding exercises and free web-based resources alongside the video lectures. The text lectures also provide reference material after each video, it’s like having multiple books in addition to the videos to guide students through the course.
At first, all the code is done from scratch limiting the use of shortcuts and generators so students can understand what’s really going on under the hood of Rails applications and can design them the way they want. Then with solid knowledge and understanding already in place, rapid prototyping methods are introduced in later parts of the course, showing the use of generators and scaffolding, finishing with a complete Software as a Service Application that can be used to launch a startup!
Some key features of this course are:
– 230+ lectures and 30+ hours of video content
– Ruby programming from writing your first program to say “Hello World” to Object-Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
– Rails 4 & 5 using cloud-based Integrated Development Environment so no setup necessary
– Local installation and development options made available for both Macs and Windows machines (that’s right, Windows as well!)
– Git for version control, Github as the code repository, Heroku for production deployment
– Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality, Multi-Tenancy using Milia
– Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
– Rails MVC structure in-depth – Models, Views, Controllers
– FREE live support
– Design and conceptualization using wireframing tools
– Building authentication systems from scratch using default Rails stack, including admin feature, log in/log out and signup at first, then learning how to use Devise and then extend the basic functionality provided by Device to customize it and speed up authentication systems
– Bootstrap for UI styling
– Learning to build test suites by writing Unit, Functional and Integration tests
– Migrations, one-to-many and complex many-to-many associations at the database layer and implementation with Rails using ActiveRecord
– much, much more!
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to be a web app developer: This is a complete course which starts with Ruby and ends with creating multiple web apps with Rails.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Ruby is a language built with programmer happiness in mind
- Anyone who wants to bring their web app ideas to life
- Anyone who wants to start their own startup with their own apps